Thursday, February 10, 2011

Setting Mail Server in Ubuntu Server 8.04 using Postfix

~For three days, I have been doing in-depth testing on Ubuntu 8.04's Linux Server to deploy a Mail Server runs on Postfix as SMTP agent, integrates with Courier to provide POP3 and IMAP services, where these services are equipped with authentication packages. This mail service runs on MySQL backend with virtual domain and virtual users creation.
~ To conclude, I managed to deploy it for the client access using web-based email i.e Roundcube.
~ Initially, I have installed LAMP,Bind9 for DNS setup and phpMyAdmin.
~ Finally I managed to send email using Outlook Express which carried more than 20MB in size to other users. (This will also be explained in my next blog later).
~I will explain the installation later on my next writing. See ya!

No comments: