Aku tak bertanggungjawab kalau hangpa punya iDevice lingkup akibat ikut cara-cara yang aku tulis dalam blog nie. Sekadar berkongsi ilmu jer dan pendapat dialu-alukan. Phone yang digunakan adalah Maxis unit dan beli di Malaysia.
[In plain and poor English]
Okay guys, recently I unintentionally screwed up my iPhone 3GS which had been jail-broken earlier. I tried to launch Aircarck for Wifi password stealing regardless the truth was it worked only with iOS 4.3 and below. I played around with Cydia app i..e. iFile and changed the permissions setting for /var/mobile folder. Then the problem started to emerge when the iPhone suddenly hung and freezed. Then I do Hard Reset by pressing both Home Button and Sleep button together until the boot screen (Apple logo) shown up.
Unfortunately, after the boot screen showed up, the screen was black. I can sensed that the iPhone still running because I still felt the heat at the back of its cover.
In order to solve this problem and install back the iOS 5.1.1 to the iPhone, I have made up with two attempts where the last one managed to get solved. It took almost 10 hours to do research and testing but the result is berbaloi..hahahahahaa...
Before we start, these are what you should have and do:
- Make sure your iPhone battery is sufficient to hold the downgrade activity at least 50% of the total power. The more the better.
- You must install iTune in your PC and equipped with Internet line. I can't think about people who buy iPhone but does not install the iTune app in their PC.
- You must be logged to your PC with Administrator rights.
- Your iPhone 3GS must be jailbroken earlier.
- Disable Firewall and Anti Virus temporarily.
- FOLLOW MY STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!
My PC specifications:
- MS Windows XP Service Pack 3
- USB port for iPhone data cable.
- iTune with latest version.
- iPhone USB/data cable.
- Always backup your data using iCloud or iTune.
Step 1 - Restore the iOS using iTune.
- By doing this, my iphone was upgraded from iOS 5.1.1 (jailbreak) to iOS 6.0.1 (latest January 2013).
- I can't do anything because this is the only way I can boot my iPhone up as normal.
- To start, switch your phone to Recovery Mode.
- This is done by connecting your iPhone to the PC and press Home Button and Sleep button together to shut it down.
- Then press Home button ONLY until the screen shows iTune logo and data cable. (This means that you are now in Recovery Mode).
- Open iTune and click Restore button.
- Now, the iTune will download the installation package from Internet and install it for you. Just relax and watch.
- The iTune will tell you that the iPhone will be reboot.
- Now you will get your iPhone fresh with latest iOS 6.0.1.
- Don't forget to ACTIVATE the iPhone as new phone OR you connect to iTune straight forward and restore back you backup.
Step 2 - Downgrade the iOS 6.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1
- Download redsn0w version 0.9.14 beta 2. (Please only redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2)
- Download sn0wbreeze-v2.9.7 to create custom IPSW. (You must have JavaVM install. You may download it from Oracle website)
- Download iOS firmware according to your iDevice. Mine is iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw.
- The download link is http://www.idownloadblog.com/iphone-downloads/
- To begin, create custom IPSW using sn0wbreeze ver 2.9.7 and choose New Boot ROM (because mine is New OR you can google on methods to identify whether your iDevice is equipped with Old or New Boot ROM)
- Select Baseband Preservation Mode.
- We need to select this to avoid Error -1 during restoring using iTune later because Apple will try to update your modem firmware. By having custom IPSW, it will remove the modem firmware from the IPSW.
- Once finish, the sn0wbreeze app will save your custom IPSW in the desktop.
- Now, put your iDevice to DFU mode.(I won't teach you how to turn it to DFU mode but you can google it around the web. Otherwise, you are not ready to do this downgrade.)
- Launch redsn0w and click Extras button.
- Click SHSH blobs button and then Stitch button.
- Click IPSW button and browse for the custom IPSW file that you have made earlier using snowbreeze app.
- Then on Blobs section, click button Cydia to load the blob from Cydia server ( if you have jailbroken your iPhone earlier).
- Wait for a while in 5 to 10 minutes until the the tool shows DONE. Make sure you can track the location of newly created stitched firmware (Desktop)
- In redsn0w go back two pages, and click Pwned DFU. This will place your device into Pwned DFU mode so that iTunes can restore using the stitched firmware.
- Open iTunes, and it should detect your device in recovery mode. Hold Option and click Restore, then select your newly created stitched firmware file.
- Let iTune do the job and wait for the device to reboot.
Step 3 - Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1
- Restore you contacts and backup from iTune or Activate the iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to the PC.
- Turn the iPhone to DFU mode.
- Run redsn0w and click Jailbreak button.
- If you get error settings>general>reset and select "Erase all Content and Settings.
- Put the device back to DFU mode and click Jailbreak to start over.
- Once finish, the iPhone will reboot and you can continue with iTune to restore back your backup.